Monday, September 2, 2013

Do You hear Cheering?

I had dreams back in May then it got positively sizzling hot

I ran a 15K in May and thought it's not that much farther to run a half. "Keep training and go for it - run a half marathon in August!" I was so excited, but by July I had to wave the white flag and accept that wasn't going to happen. The heat, humidity, and sun were tough on me this summer. I even took a break from exercising last week because I felt exhausted, but I know it won't last forever and the idea..."Run a half....run a half," swirls around in my head all the time. 
Summer running miles:
June- 70 miles 
July- 88 miles 
August- 72 miles 
Very few of the above mentioned miles were easy and smooth. The numbers look okay, but I remember how they felt. LOL
I welcome cooler temperatures with arms wide open. If you hear cheering it's probably just me the first 60 degree day of Fall.



Is is December yet?


I like having a race goal.  I like running longer distances and the sense of accomplishment when I am done and I like the calorie burn. I like feeling stronger. What drives you to run?