Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Feels Like 94*

I wanted to try to get 45 min. in tonight but with the shorter days and extreme heat (just go away already) it wasn't going to work out. I waited until as late as I could. It was still really hot; my Garmin stated feels like 94* and it really did. Truthfully, it just put me in a bad mood...isn't running supposed to release good endorphins? I have no tolerance for this latest heat wave.

Running a 5K tonight was worse than 13 this past weekend. I can tell quite a difference running on trail verses pavement. I am already aching in my left hip from tonight's run. I really do need to get back to my trail training. I realized this weekend what an impact changing surfaces has for me. Most of my runs in August were on pavement just because in summer the bugs are worse on the trail and it's just easier to walk out the front door instead of driving to the trails, but I am going to have to get back to going a few times a week.

I did receive my finisher photo tonight from my half marathon. I guess your first half picture doesn't have to be a glamour shot and this surely isn't, but I did feel pretty elated at this moment. Yep, it actually happened.
High Bridge Trail Half