Sunday, September 29, 2013

Glimpses

I am snuggled up on the sofa, compression sleeves on, muscles feeling used up, watching the Real Housewives of  New Jersey season finale. I still don't feel well, the second dosage of antibiotic helped, but I still am having a hard time swallowing. I hate being sick like this. My energy level is zapped and I am achy but not quite bad enough to be in bed non stop.

I knocked out eight miles this evening. I left the house and thought I would like to get eight in, but I wasn't sure if that was doable since I really am kind of blah. Starting out I had the fatigue feeling again but I pushed through and I hit a 5k in 29:48 which helped motivate me to keep moving. During the run I hardly looked at my pace. I am trying to adjust my movement based on how I am feeling. When I hit mile seven I was pretty close to home and I really wanted to call it a day, but I pushed myself to turn and run one more mile. This will be my last long run before my next half so I wanted to push myself when I really wasn't feeling up to it.

 9:35, 9:44, 9:26, 10:09, 9:57, 9:58, 10:01, 10:11 a total of 1:19:08

Glimpses...I caught a look at myself in a window on my way home. My posture was a sad mess! All hunched forward...ugh. I need to work on that. It's a good thing I didn't see that in the beginning or I probably would have never got my run in.

Enjoying a yummy shake to recover