Saturday, September 28, 2013

Interval Saturday

It's Saturday and I am feeling rough again, a repeat of last weekend that I didn't want. I have never felt a 100% since last week. I tried to rest a lot this week but I seem to be losing the battle. I feel okay for a day or so and then back to being achy with a sore throat.


The scene when I came home


The scene when I left for the gym








                                                          
I am trying to push through and get my four workouts a week in even if they aren't stellar. I did make it to the gym today and it wiped me out. I did intervals on the treadmill 5 min. @ 9:31 pace x 5 with an 11:06 recovery pace for one minute.  The first lap was tough, my body felt fatigued but that feeling quickly faded and it ended up flying by and I felt fine. I am always amazed that I can never predict how I am going to feel when running.

I did some core exercises and headed home for a shower. My shower was the best part of the day so far. I sure hope I wake up feeling better tomorrow! Found some left over antibiotics (two) so I hope it's enough to knock whatever this is out of me.

I went ahead and signed up for another half marathon next weekend. I seriously break out in a sweat just thinking about it. I still get nervous and run to the little girls room three times before I leave for a run so you can't imagine what a half does to me lol. I know I have issues...I am going to try get one more short run in and then rest through the week. My only expectation is to finish in under 2 and 1/2 hours...and enjoy it.