Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Some Days are Go Days

When I run alone I often just scoot out with a loose plan and readjust the plan as needed. The heat has caused me to function like GPS.  I leave the house with a route in mind and recalculate when I feel off  (based on how well my body is tolerating the humidity). 

There was a break in the humidity today so no excuse, just go run.

I thought easy pace and maybe I can get a decent distance in. My last long run was 9 miles on August 18th. I have run several times since but all under 4 miles. I realized shortly after taking off  I probably couldn't get more than 7 in before it was too dark so I figured I just better go hard a few miles and burn off the Milky Way (mini) and pound of Humus I ate earlier. 

When I started off  I felt fatigue in my legs and recalculated my 7 miles into a 10K. I kept trying to pace myself, but when I slowed down I felt worse, it was really exhilarating just to keep pumping hard. 

What always puzzles me is that I can't really predict how I am going to feel once I start running. I experienced a little of the "lead legs" when I took off, but by a few miles in I had a decent rhythm going and was jamming to my music. I feel good I pushed myself today. Some days just aren't meant to be an easy pace kind of day. 
 9:33, 9:35, 9:38, 10:12, 10:00, 9:52 , and .2 @1:45

This is a good time for me.  Just once though, I'd like to shave it to under an hour even if it's 59:59. It'd be a bonus if that happens at the Monument Ave. 10K this year.

I love my Brooks, for short runs they are super comfy, but I am not sure if they are the perfect long run shoe for me. 

Still on my search to find something super cushy under the ball of my foot. 


Cool air makes me think of Fall - my favorite time of the year. Oh, I am wearing my compression sleeves while I write out my thoughts. I seriously love how they feel.