Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Trail Run 15K

The weather continues to be amazing here, 70 with low humidity and a nice breeze; perfect running weather. I headed to my favorite trail and considered trying to do the four mile loop three times. That was over zealous I guess because I ended up finishing a 15K. My back up plan was 9 miles.  I want to be prepared just in case I decide to run another half in early Oct.

Since I am always slower on my hilly trail I planned to run around the loop with a decent pace first, take a water stop and do it again easy pace. I thought if I was feeling great I would consider a third loop...
So my first go was a success 9:56, 10:07, 10:33, 11:04 and a half mile in 5:42, that was a good trail time for me and it helped me to relax for my second go round.
I drank the water bottle I stashed at the mouth of the trail and went again.
10:50, 11:16, 11:13, 11:49 and I ran out and up the road to my car which was .80 in 8:27 which made a perfect 15 k distance.

I was sweating like crazy and with the sun going down I actually felt chilled. I couldn't wait to take a shower! There was no way I could of would of went again. It's really strange after all these months of suffering through heat, humidity, and nauseous symptoms, to actually feel chilled.


That's Baby (the cat)
I am happily on the sofa watching 19 Kids and Counting (what a nice family) happy I got my run done with my Zensah sleeves on.



Couldn't resist showing my polka dots