Thursday, September 26, 2013

Trail Run

Ten miles down tonight that started on the trails and ended up on pavement. It didn't matter where I ran, I was slow because it was super hilly. I am worn out from it, sitting on the sofa, and of course I must have a cat as close as he can get to me.
Otto is cramping my writing

I did run a new piece of trail and it was nice not knowing exactly what to expect. I needed a change from the normal loop I do.
  • I actually ran without my headphones. I did turn my IPOD on in my running belt and I really love having nothing on my ears!
The last few miles I left the trails and ran the road but it was rolling hilly and I struggled to keep it going. I actually popped out of the woods on a stretch that is uphill incline for about a mile. I kept telling myself it will make me stronger, but it was rough. Needless to say this wasn't my fastest run, but I did accomplish my distance goal. I am trying to not focus on my splits to gauge my success. My average pace was 10:51.

I am still undecided if I am going to attempt my second half next week, but hitting double digits helps me to feel more confident that I can do it.
I interrupted a snack